Privacy and Personal Data Processing Policy
MAPFRE ASISTENCIA COMPAÑÍA INTERNACIONAL DE SEGUROS Y REASEGUROS, S.A, hereinafter MAPFRE ASISTENCIA, with registered offices at Carretera de Pozuelo nº 52, 28222, Majadahonda, Madrid (Spain), is the owner of this website and is responsible for the personal data provided by users through this website.
The user is hereby informed of the processing of data provided while browsing the website, as well as any data generated while using said website, including, if applicable, any sharing or international transfers of the data that may occur, for the purposes referred to in the section Why does MAPFRE process your personal data?
If the data provided refers to third-party individuals other than the user, the user affirms that they have gathered said data with the third party’s prior consent to share their data and to have informed them, before providing said data, about the purposes of the processing, sharing and other terms provided for in the Information on Data Protection section.
The user hereby states that they are 14 or older. If the data provided during navigation come from children under the age of 18, including health data, as the holder of parental authority or guardianship over the minor, you expressly authorize the processing of such data under the terms established in the additional information.
The user guarantees the accuracy and truthfulness of the data provided, undertaking to inform MAPFRE ASISTENCIA of any changes to the data provided.
Information on Data Protection
Who is the data controller for your personal data?
The data controller for the information and/or personal data you provide to MAPFRE is:
- Identity: MAPFRE ASISTENCIA COMPAÑÍA INTERNACIONAL DE SEGUROS Y REASEGUROS, S.A. CIF A/79194148.
- Postal address: Carretera de Pozuelo, 52, 28222 Majadahonda, Madrid. Spain.
- Data Protection Officer contact details: DPO.NNCC@mapfre.com
What data does MAPFRE collect?
- Data obtained from the browsing and use of MAPFRE’s website, specifically:
- The domain name of the provider (ISP) that provides them with access to the Internet. For example, a user of provider XXX will be identified by the domain xxx.es.
- The date and time of access to the website.
- The Internet address from which the link directed the user to the website.
- Identifying, and any other data that you provide through any of the forms accessible by users on the website and for the purpose stated in each of the forms.
Why does MAPFRE process your personal data?
The purposes for data processing are as follows:
- Regarding data obtained during the browsing and use of MAPFRE’s website, MAPFRE ASISTENCIA will process the data generated by browsing for the purposes set out in the cookies panel and its associated preferences .
- This website owned by MAPFRE ASISTENCIA contains links to third-party websites whose privacy policies are not those of MAPFRE ASISTENCIA. By accessing such websites, you could decide whether to accept their privacy and cookie policies. In general, if you browse the Internet, you could accept or reject third-party cookies from the configuration options of your browser.
- Where appropriate, data provided in forms accessible on the website will be processed for the purposes related to such forms, namely:
- If you provide data in order to attend to and respond to requests for information, the information you provide us with, as well as any suggestions you make to us through this form, MAPFRE ASISTENCIA will process your data to contact you and respond to your request.
How long will MAPFRE keep your personal data?
The personal data provided will be kept for the time determined on the basis of the following criteria: (i) legal obligation of retention; and (ii) request for erasure of the data by the data subject in applicable cases.
What is the legal basis for processing your data?
The legal grounds for the processing of your data for the purposes indicated in the section “Why does MAPFRE process your personal data?” are listed below:
- With regard to the browsing and use of MAPFRE’s website, consent is given by the user in the cookies panel .
- With regard to attend to and respond to requests for information, the information you provide us with, as well as any suggestions you make to us through this form, the legal basis is the consent given by the user by providing their data as contact details so that MAPFRE can respond to their request.
Who will your data be shared with?
MAPFRE ASISTENCIA may share your data exclusively for the purposes specified in the section “Why does MAPFRE process your personal data?” with the following recipients:
- To the various insurance, financial and real estate companies belonging to the MAPFRE Group (www.mapfre.com), subsidiaries and investee companies, for the purposes of comprehensively and centrally managing the relationship of data subjects with the different MAPFRE Group companies.
- To the different service provision companies of the MAPFRE Group to respond your request.
- To authorities, regulators or governmental bodies in cases required by law, local regulations or in compliance with regulatory obligations
Within the framework of such communications, data may be transferred internationally to third countries. Such transfers shall be made to countries where there is no suitability decision by the European Commission only when they are essential for the fulfillment of the stated purposes.
What are your rights when you provide your data to MAPFRE?
Under the terms and scope set forth in the current regulations, any person may exercise the following rights:
- Access: Find out what personal data MAPFRE ASISTENCIA holds about you.
- Rectification: Request the correction of any inaccurate data.
- Erasure: Request that data be deleted when, among other reasons, they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Restriction of processing: Request that MAPFRE stop processing your data, if, for example, the data are inaccurate or the processing thereof is illegal. However, it may still be processed for the exercise or defense of possible claims, the protection of the rights of another person or for reasons of public interest.
- Objection: Object to the processing of your data, except when necessary for, among other reasons, the development of the contractual relationship, if appropriate, or for the exercise or defense of possible claims.
- Portability: Receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and readable format, or request that it be sent to another controller where technically feasible.
You may also, at any time, revoke your consent to the processing of your data, where appropriate.
The aforementioned rights may be exercised directly by the owner of the data or by means of a legal or voluntary representative, via written communication addressed to the Corporate Privacy and Data Protection Office. Carretera de Pozuelo, 52, 28222 Majadahonda, Madrid.
You can also submit a complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD) if you consider that MAPFRE has not processed your data in accordance with the regulations, through the website set up for such purposes by the corresponding Supervisory Authority
MAPFRE ASISTENCIA accepts no responsibility for information on this website originating from sources outside of the MAPFRE Group, nor for any content that it has not created.
The links that appear on this page are solely intended to inform the user about the existence of other relevant sources of information available on the Internet, where the data provided here may be expanded. Under no circumstances shall MAPFRE ASISTENCIA be held liable for the outcome obtained through said links.
The owner of the domain is MAPFRE ASISTENCIA, COMPAÑÍA INTERNACIONAL DE SEGUROS Y REASEGUROS, S.A., with Tax ID number (CIF) (A/79194148), registered offices at 52 Carretera de Pozuelo, 28222, Majadahonda, Madrid (Spain), and registered in the Madrid Company Register, Volume 9806, section 3 of the Company ledger, Folio 95, Sheet 89,760-2, entry 1.
Website Conditions of Use
The user undertakes to make good use of the website. This good use is understood to be in accordance with current legislation, good faith and public order.
The user also agrees not to use the website for fraudulent purposes and not to perform any action intended to damage, disable or overload the website or that may prevent its normal use and operation in any way.
All rights reserved. The design of the portal and its source codes, as well as the logos, trademarks and other distinctive symbols that appear therein, belong to MAPFRE and are protected by the corresponding intellectual and industrial property rights.
The reproduction, distribution, transformation, manipulation, public communication or any other total or partial, free or paid for use of the texts, images or any other content contained on the website is strictly forbidden without written authorization from the copyright holders.
MAPFRE ASISTENCIA reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to apply any changes, variations, deletions or cancellations to the contents and its manner of presentation that it deems necessary, whether temporarily or permanently. The user must ensure that they are using the updated version at all times. This does not grant users the right to receive indemnification for any damages and losses.